Seite 9 von 11 ErsteErste ... 7891011 LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 81 bis 90 von 107
    ex Alsterboxer Avatar von trybear

AW: Zündzeitpunkt um 180 Grad verdreht

Zitat Zitat von hg_filder Beitrag anzeigen
    Perfekt:

• das erste, linke Bild wäre bei KW Stellung OT die richtige Ausrichtung der NW und Zündung bei vor OT
    • das zweite, rechte Bild wäre bei KW Stellung OT die um 90 Grad verdrehte Ausrichtung der NW und Zündung vor UT

Hans
    nein, es sind die selben Bilder. Basis war das 2. Bild. Nur dass ich dann im 1. den Einbaustrich OT zur KW rot markiert und das Bild wegen des besseren Verständnisses wegen um 90° gedreht habe.... Ich wollte das ohne roten Strich löschen... ging aber nicht...

Admin Avatar von hg_filder

Zitat Zitat von trybear Beitrag anzeigen
    nein, es sind die selben Bilder. Basis war das 2. Bild. Nur dass ich dann im 1. den Einbaustrich OT zur KW rot markiert und das Bild wegen des besseren Verständnisses wegen um 90° gedreht habe.... Ich wollte das ohne roten Strich löschen... ging aber nicht...
    Hatte ich gesehen, würde aber dem TE helfen, falls wirklich die NW um 90 Grad verdreht montiert worden wäre.

Hans
    R 100 GS '92 Nur eine, aber meine.

ex Alsterboxer Avatar von trybear

Wenn du meinst? Mach man

Kirchwerder, Fünfhausen, Vier und Marschlande, Hamburg

Moin,
    also abgeplattete Seite der Nockenwelle, ca 7:00 Uhr.
    caddytischer, Claus

BMW R50, mit R80 Gleitlagermotor, ganze 50 PS, /5 Gabel

Zitat Zitat von mfro Beitrag anzeigen
    Dann hast Du allerdings ein seltsames Modell.
    Stimmt, ich war grad mit der MZ zugange und habe gedanklich fehlgezündet.

Willy

¡Mis amigos!

Der Ken hat inzwischen weiter gesucht uns siehe da, BMW hat zwischen 09/75 und 10/75 die Nockelwelle geändert:

11 31 1 259 262 CAMSHAFT CAMSHAFT - 284DEG (to 09/75)
    11 31 1 336 374 CAMSHAFT CAMSHAFT - 284DEG

Hier ist was Ken mir schrieb:

"Anyway, I finally got back to this problem this past weekend. Again the bike is a '73 R60/5. But after degreeing the cam, the profile matches the specs of a cam from a R60/6 '76; R60/7 '77. The inlet opening and exhaust closing both occur at TDC, not at a 40° offset from TDC, which is what the /5 cam should be based on everything I've been able to find online.

R50/5 R60/5
    R60/6 up to 1975
    R60/6 '76
    R60/7 '77
    Einlaß öffnet 40° nach OT OT
    Einlaß schließt 40° nach UT 40° nach UT
    Auslaß öffnet 40° vor UT 40° vor UT
    Auslaß schließt 40° vor OT OT

The rest of the profile numbers are as expected: timing of inlet closing and exhaust opening are both 40° offset from BDC, the cam is symmetric, and the cam lift is 0.244" (not the valve lift). Interestingly it looks like BMW referred to both of these style cams as 284’s. I’m not sure if the bike came from the factory with this cam or if it was installed by the previous owner. I am trying to contact the previous owner to find out.

Everything I’ve found online shows the timing marks on the camshaft sprocket and crankshaft sprocket at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock, respectively, for a properly timed engine. Several also showed the keyway for the crankshaft sprocket to be at 9 o’clock at TDC. This all matches how I put the bike back together. So I’m wondering if the previous owner installed a later cam but retained the original camshaft sprocket and that created this issue with the timing marks on both sprockets needing to be at the 12 o’clock position for a properly timed engine.

...I think i just needed to spend the time degreeing the cam and really thinking about what was going on. I have not fixed the problem yet but I am certain that rotating the crank 180° will fix this problem."

Seine R60/5 hat "1973 R60/5" in den Papieren eingetragen. Dies ist in den USA allgemein das Modelljahr, als das Motorrad auf den Markt kam. Ich habe im geschrieben, er soll die Fahrgestellnummer (= VIN number in den US) auf realoem.com mal nachschauen um das Herstellungsdatum festzustellen und damit welche Nochenwelle von BMW im eingebaut wurde.

Ich bin hier etwas überfordert. Macht das Sinn was er da schrieb?
    Geändert von Guenner (10.01.2022 um 01:51 Uhr)

Zitat Zitat von Guenner Beitrag anzeigen
    ¡Mis amigos!

Der Ken hat inzwischen weiter gesucht uns siehe da, BMW hat zwischen 09/75 und 10/75 die Nockelwelle geändert:

11 31 1 259 262 CAMSHAFT CAMSHAFT - 284DEG (to 09/75)
    11 31 1 336 374 CAMSHAFT CAMSHAFT - 284DEG

Hier ist was Ken mir schrieb:

"Anyway, I finally got back to this problem this past weekend. Again the bike is a '73 R60/5. But after degreeing the cam, the profile matches the specs of a cam from a R60/6 '76; R60/7 '77. The inlet opening and exhaust closing both occur at TDC, not at a 40° offset from TDC, which is what the /5 cam should be based on everything I've been able to find online.

R50/5 R60/5
    R60/6 up to 1975
    R60/6 '76
    R60/7 '77
    Einlaß öffnet 40° nach OT OT
    Einlaß schließt 40° nach UT 40° nach UT
    Auslaß öffnet 40° vor UT 40° vor UT
    Auslaß schließt 40° vor OT OT

The rest of the profile numbers are as expected: timing of inlet closing and exhaust opening are both 40° offset from BDC, the cam is symmetric, and the cam lift is 0.244" (not the valve lift). Interestingly it looks like BMW referred to both of these style cams as 284’s. I’m not sure if the bike came from the factory with this cam or if it was installed by the previous owner. I am trying to contact the previous owner to find out.

Everything I’ve found online shows the timing marks on the camshaft sprocket and crankshaft sprocket at 12 o’clock and 6 o’clock, respectively, for a properly timed engine. Several also showed the keyway for the crankshaft sprocket to be at 9 o’clock at TDC. This all matches how I put the bike back together. So I’m wondering if the previous owner installed a later cam but retained the original camshaft sprocket and that created this issue with the timing marks on both sprockets needing to be at the 12 o’clock position for a properly timed engine.

...I think i just needed to spend the time degreeing the cam and really thinking about what was going on. I have not fixed the problem yet but I am certain that rotating the crank 180° will fix this problem."

Seine R60/5 hat "1973 R60/5" in den Papieren eingetragen. Dies ist in den USA allgemein das Modelljahr, als das Motorrad auf den Markt kam. Ich habe im geschrieben, er soll die Fahrgestellnummer (= VIN number in den US) auf realoem.com mal nachschauen um das Herstellungsdatum festzustellen und damit welche Nochenwelle von BMW im eingebaut wurde.

Ich bin hier etwas überfordert. Macht das Sinn was er da schrieb?
    Hallo Guenther, Ken,

the timing data of the R60/5 you show in the left column of your table is wrong. As shown in the right column, it was always 0/40/40/0 until 1978. The different part numbers you mention are based on changes applied to the woodruff key of the oil pump drive. The cam profile itself remained unchanged.

After reading all the comments and assumptions of this thread, I assume that the crankshaft is distorted by 180°. Perhaps the mark on the crankshaft sprocket is not clear or it is simply not correctly mounted. Anyway, as already described in my comment #20, you can easily check this as follows:

1. Adjust 1 intake valve to 2mm clearance. This is the valve clearance, the cam timings of BMW 2 valve airheads refer to (the 0/40/40/0 in case of the R60/5).

2. With this clearance, you can check the intake valve timing: In case of your R60/5, the intake valve should open at 0°, that means in top dead center (2 degrees plus or minus don t matter) when you slowly rotate the crank. You can sense this easily when the pushrod can no longer be rotated by hand.

Stop speculating: With this simple test you will quickly find out if the engine is correctly mounted.

Best regards and good luck
    Helmut

Mein Senf dazu: Da hat jemand nicht verstanden, wie Nockenwelle, Fliegkraftregler und Überschneidungszeiten zusammenhängen.

Was ganz wichtig ist: Schwungrad (versetzte Markierungen bezüglich Standgaszündung und Frühzündung) und der dazugehörende Fliegkraftregler sind für die Zündung maßgeblich, veränderte Steuerzeiten bedingen dann auch eine angepasste Nockenwelle (oder umgekehrt).

Nachlesbar hier

Zündanlagen: Übersicht 1969 bis 1996

In dem oben genannten Zeitraum wurde sowohl das Schwungrad als auch der Zündversteller um ein 3 Grad verändert - Da aber ein um 180 Grad versetzter Zündfunke das Problem im vorliegenden Fall ist (Zündung bei UT), kann das nicht sein. Die mechanischen Ausrichtungen KW/NW blieben über die Zeit immer gleich. Sprich, selbst bei wild vermischten Bauteilen würde die Kiste sicherlich nicht die volle Leistung bringen, das Schadensbild passt aber nicht dazu.

Hans

Stop speculating: With this simple test you will quickly find out if the engine is correctly mounted.

Hans

Ken hat mir heute gschrieben:

===========================================
    Guenther,
    Problem solved!
    I installed a degree wheel to the front of the crankshaft. With the Alpha ignition timing pickup cup and plate adjusted to the mid-point of their adjustment ranges the ignition was firing at 23deg BBDC when rotating the engine by hand at the crankshaft and when rotating the engine with the starter, the ignition was firing at 35deg BTDC; there was no way it was going to run like that. Fortunately there was enough adjustment in the timing cup and plate to bring the engine into spec, firing at 9deg BTDC.

I did not even know that degree wheels were a thing when I started this but there is no way I would have gotten the engine in time without one. I sent Motorad Elektrik a suggestion that they make their customers aware of this tool in the future; add a note to the installation instructions and to the website.

Overall, I love the Alpha ignition product. The bike is running better than new!

Thank you for all of the ideas and for asking around. It helped me think through the problem.

I might be going to the national. I would love to ride the /5 there to celebrate the 50th but don't know if i will be able to shake out all of the issues with it in time.

Ken
    =============================================

Leider wissen wir nun nicht, warum die Zündung mit den Kontakten am falschen Zeitpunkt gezündet hat. Vielleicht treffe ich Ken auf dem nationalen BMWMOA-Treffen im Juni und kann dann vielleicht mehr erfahren.

~Guenther
    Geändert von Guenner (22.02.2022 um 20:34 Uhr)

Seite 9 von 11 ErsteErste ... 7891011 LetzteLetzte